Cleaning your fridge regularly ensures no odours or bacteria can grow in your fridge.
Regular cleaning prevents this and it is easy to have a clean healthy fridge in your home.
Why it is important to clean your fridge:
- 20 people each minute come down with food poising around the world.
- One food poisoning bug can multiply to one million in less than seven hours.
- Experts recommend cleaning your fridge once a week.
- Salad drawer is the most dangerous place for mould and bacteria in the fridge when not clean properly.
- Dangerous bugs such as E. coli, Salmonella and Listeria all multiply and thrive in unclean fridges.
- An unclean fridge is a breeding ground for microscopic moulds and bacteria.
- Cleaning products
- Remove all food from your fridge.
- Throw out any food that is out of date, has developed mould or is no longer edible.
- Empty the bin so your house doesn’t smell of the foods you are disposing.
- Remove any shelving and draws from the fridge.
- Wash the shelves and draws with a multipurpose cleaning product that removes any bacteria on the surface.
- Clean the inside of your fridge with your favourite natural smelling cleaning product.
- Dry off the inside of your fridge and the shelves and draws.
- Replace the shelves and draws.
- Place the food back in the fridge.